According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are many positive indicators for getting your flu vaccine, and this year it is especially important.
UNM’s Benefits & Employee Wellness encourages all employees, their spouses/domestic partners, dependent children 6 months and up and students to take advantage of no cost flu shots available in our community.
- Drive-thru Clinics will be offered by UNM Hospital, Sept. 26 through Oct. 31, throughout Albuquerque. View the Flu Shot Schedule for details.
- The Main Event UNM Walk-up Clinics will be offered Tuesday, Oct. 20 and Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the SUB Ballrooms. View the event details.
- Learn more about other options for faculty, staff and students at our 2020 Flu Shot webpage.
Make sure to discuss with your doctor before proceeding, to ensure that your health status warrants taking the flu vaccine.
Be sure to follow COVID-19 safety measures when attending a flu shot clinic:
- Wear a mask
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt
Remember to show your medical plan ID card to receive your vaccine this season at the various UNM community flu shot clinics or your prescription drug benefit ID card at participating pharmacies in the Albuquerque area.
Flu vaccine prevents millions of illnesses and flu-related hospitalizations each year. During 2018-2019, 49% of the U.S. population chose to get a flu vaccine, and the CDC estimates they prevented a projected 4.4 million influenza illnesses, 58,000 influenza-associated hospitalizations and 3,500 flu deaths.
The flu vaccine has been shown to reduce the risk of having to go to the doctor with flu by 40 percent to 60 percent and flu shots protect you, your family, your co-workers and your community! Protect the Pack. Get your get a flu shot today.
UNM Human Resources
(505) 277-6947 | email@example.com | hr.unm.edu