- 2 cups Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 cup Corn Starch
- Optional: 2-3 drops of essential oils
- Optional: 4-5 drops of food coloring
1. In a saucepan with NO heat, add the cornstarch, baking soda, water and stir.
2. Place your saucepan on the stove top and turn your heat to medium.
3. Continue stirring the mix constantly. It will start to bubble slightly and that’s when it happens really fast. It will begin to turn solid. Once a ball starts to form (4-5 minutes) take your pan off the heat.
4. Place your dough onto a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat. Let it cool, it will be very hot. To speed the cooling process, flip it over and knead it a bit as it’s cooling down. Be careful, it’s HOT.
5. Once your dough is cool you have the option of adding in a food coloring or a scent. Option: add 2-3 drops of essential oil, and/or add drops of food coloring to achieve desired color, even 1 drop will give it some color.
6. Now it’s time to play. Get out the cookie cutters, lollipop sticks, and plastic utensils and have some fun creating!